Thursday, August 31, 2006

Remodeling: before the bid

Getting my daughter's bathroom remodeled was a project from hell. So traumatic, I didn't think I'd ever go through anything like that again. But, time clouds the memory, yes?

Actually, it's just a case of necessity. My daughter has moved out, and the downstairs rooms that were hers need to be fixed up so my mother can move in.

The fun part was diagramming out the spaces and wish-listing the project. (The gardener's sketch pads I got last spring really came in handy for that.)

Here are some of the things we'd like to do to the downstairs:

  • New wiring
  • Remove two closets
  • Build new closet
  • New carpet
  • New ceiling
  • New walls
  • Remove bar, mirrors on wall, windowseat, homemade shelves
  • New cupboards in laundry room
  • Kitchenette area

(think our plans are grandiose enough?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home