Sunday, July 13, 2008

Visiting other realms

I'm reading The Traveller books by John Twelve Hawks. If you're not familiar with them, they're about a dystopian near-future (not too different than the present) and Travellers, "prophets able to journey to different realms of consciousness". Which got me thinking...if I had the ability to travel to other realms, would I?

I surprised myself by concluding, finally, that I wouldn't. Here's the reasoning I went through:

  • If the other realm was terrible, I wouldn't want to be there.
  • If the other realm was wonderful, I wouldn't want to return, and I belong here.
  • If the other realm resembled ours--both terrible and wonderful and everything in between--well, I haven't finished exploring this one yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home