Tuesday, November 04, 2008

G1 phone: alarm clock

My old phone died (the display) and when I went in to the T-Mobile store to browse, I talked myself into the G1. (I confess, PacMan was the irresistable feature, although the ShopSavvy and map features were also compelling.) But the handbook is lacking. So, as I figure out the little things that aren't mentioned in the book, I'm going to post them.

I use my cell phone for my alarm clock. The G1 offers three separate alarm settings. You can set the time, the sound, whether to vibrate, and which days to repeat the alarm, for three configurations. My question was - does it have a snooze? Yes, it does. When the alarm goes off, two buttons appear on the screen: Snooze and Dismiss. It will snooze for 10 minutes.

6 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am having a problem with the alarm ring. I don't hear the alarm but I do see two button 'snooze' and 'Dismiss'. On the sound Settings 'silent mode' option is unchecked. Any idea what is causing this problem??

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been using my alarm. All of the sudden I have the same issue. No sound please help.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Schaz said...

All I can suggest is open the Alarm Clock application, select one of the alarms (there are 3), then change the ringtone associated with it, see if that helps.

I saw mention on a forum that the alarm wouldn't "wake" a phone that was "asleep", but it does wake mine so I don't think that's a problem.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger jessica said...

Where is the alarm even located on the g1?any good websites that help out with the phone

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Schaz said...

The documentation that comes with the phone is really inadequate, but the online guide (141 pages!) is much better. It's at http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase/root/public/tm30234.pdf

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger pslvseoa6 said...

WakingNews Alarm Clock app
WakingNews Alarm Clock is yet another beta app release with some potential. It functions primarily as an alarm clock. You set an alarm as usual and it goes off on time as usual. However, this one reads you the news from a variety of sources when it goes off. So it functions a little bit like old school radio alarm clocks. It has several good news sources, including Yahoo Finances, Yahoo Sports, Engadget, etc. However, there are some lesser sources of words there as well. Thankfully, you can choose the sources that play when the alarm goes off. It's in beta so there are definitely bugs. It is also free and has potential.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home