Friday, May 15, 2009

T-Mobile G1 phone: extended battery

What good is a phone with tons of great apps and features, if you can't use most of them because they drain your inadequate battery too quickly? Running my phone minimally (a few calls & texts, no GPS, no apps), I only had to charge it every night. That's as opposed to a few times a day. Totally unacceptable.

For months, I'd been hearing rumors that T-Mobile was going to be sending customers a better battery. But I finally gave up waiting and bought my own.

Seidio has an extended G1 battery that had pretty good reviews, so I ordered one. The initial charge took about 4 hours (the paperwork said allow 8). Then I (finally!) got to turn on GPS, play games, mess around with apps. About 24 hours later, I thought I'd plug in the charger just to top it off. But the charging light immediately went to green -- still fully charged after 24 hours!

I don't know yet how long it will last on a charge. I just know that finally I can get full use of my phone without worrying. The new battery is so worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home