Sunday, September 03, 2006

MTV's Video Music Awards

I watched the 2006 VMA show today (Tivo) and enjoyed it much more than I expected to. (Possibly due to Tivo...I FF'd through the acceptance speeches.) Somebody at MTV did an amazing job with the graphics that accompanied the presentation of the nominees -- I especially liked the anatomical charting overlay in the dance category.

Still, the high point of the show, for me, was four guys and eight treadmills live.

Like a million others, I had voted on MTV's site in various categories. It's fun to register an opinion, but how did they come up with the nominees? In each category, I could think of several more deserving who weren't even allowed to compete.

Plus I'm still not reconciled to MTV Overdrive's recent (poor) redesign and the loss of customized playlists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home